Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Moon One NIght

The harvest moon
rose in glory
against a painted sky
and all that mattered was
a moment of she an I
Oblivious I was at first
starting out in the car
The blue-eyed girl and I
never made it far
Lost there in the nineties
in a rapid flux of change
Life was not for sale
and nothing was arranged
Around us paths cut through
swamps and forest
And for the blue-eyed girl
a life full of tests
For there she was in youth
full heart and dreaming
That crazy, giant moon
hung in the sky gleaming
We were just going about,
a small insignificant trip
A miraculous and unplanned
Milky Way dip
In a converible with no roof,
oh time it was thieving
little did I think that
I would soon be leaving
The Moonstruck Moon,
loftily glowed
As we drove onward
down the road
The swamp and forest change,
the city, it would grow
The blue-eyed girl and I
How little did we know
Of celestial heavens,
quite far then so near
That harvest moon for me

will never disappear...



No comments:

Post a Comment