Monday, June 22, 2015

Call Customer Service

Of all the days to live, the best day of all
is when I get to place a customer service call
You can always trust
“Your call is important to us”

There will be some time to weigh
listening to the music play
Finally a customer service rep will appear
to give instructions that are perfectly unclear

While I deftly moan,
he asks “Is the green light on?”

Or maybe, “tell me what you see”
as I balance on one knee
Is it this cable or that?
Nevermind it's the tail of my cat

“Wait,” I say to the phone,
but it's way too late you see
Now passed on
to someone better able to help me

The new guy might be from Yugoslavia
...or maybe Transyvania
My hysterics begin to mount,
He sounds just like The Count!

“Vee vait vor you...”
Now the light is blue

At wits end we stall,
and place that service call
“In two short weeks,”
he says without a smirk

The cable then, will finally work!

No comments:

Post a Comment