Monday, June 22, 2015

Sam is not just a dog,
no he's more than that you see
He's a Border Collie
which means he's smarter than me
The summer brings heat,
a morbid time of the season
And Sam won't take heed
or listen to reason
He is treated for fleas
and multiple woes
Allergies and irritations
too many foes
With all that scratching
the things that bother
His skin can rebel
causing one thing upon another
Green eyes keenly watch me
upon my arrival home
Because he definitely knows
I'll be breaking out The Cone
He hates it with a passion
that you can understand
Sam thinks all those cones
should certainly be banned
He takes for a spin
on a fit to bend and bash
Hoping that his cone hat
will end up in the trash
I have learned that “calming treats”
are not for him, not what he eats
It all ends in a standoff
with the things I have to buy
Determination and Dog Watch
are the reasons why
If I can hold out
to tackle another day
Me, The Cone and The Collie

it's a little game we play.....


No comments:

Post a Comment