Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Teaching Is...

Turning in my P.R. keys
Going back to those
who might need me
Classes full of
boisterous, jostling
kids
talking too loud
not worrying
about the mechanics
of English grammar
they say
The Count of Monte Cristo
is too boring
Pride and Prejudice is also
I almost might agree
but its really about
building character
deepening understanding
as I well remember
my own distaste
for A Tale of Two Cities
meaningless outline
crafted by a would-be
English teacher long ago
I must make them see
knowledge is power
build in them
the drive to succeed
teach them a little
something about humanity
and respect
Respect others
Respect themselves
I will have
50 minutes per day
to accomplish this
Teaching is a lot
of things
and not for the
faint of heart….
classroom-824120_640

No comments:

Post a Comment