Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thanksgiving, Bad Luck and Black Cats

Thanksgiving got off to a rough start this year. I awoke the day before with strep throat. This was a bit of a bummer, as I had to immediately cancel my Thanksgiving plans where I could be calm and relax watching my daughter meticulously modify a slippery, hard to handle turkey into an extraordinary roasted fowl. She doesn’t get those skills from me. In spite of the sickness mishap, I believe I still have much to be thankful for:
1. I am thankful for antibiotics.
2. I am thankful the doctor’s office was open.
3. I am thankful for chicken soup, not for the soul, but the kind in the can.
4. I am thankful for the microwave.
5. I am thankful for the Rock Guy who uses the microwave well.
6. I would be thankful for the monsoon that occurred the day after Thanksgiving, but it is going to make it very hard to get to the grocery store without a boat.
7. I am thankful for lots of infomercials to watch while I’m stranded on the sofa.
8. I am not thankful for 500 football games that have to be aired on TV.
The second thing that marred my would-be Thanksgiving holiday was my cat, Gene, who is a kleptomaniac. No seriously, it is like he has hands and a mission. He takes things. It is some sort of a compulsion, and he just can’t help himself. He took my best eyeshadow brush. After washing my makeup brushes, I set them on a paper towel on the countertop to dry. Then I went to sleep, and then Mr. Klepto makes his nightly rounds, and he just couldn’t resist. The next day, my Bdellium Tools 787 blending eye brush was nowhere to be found! I have searched the house high and low, and it has completely vanished. Little mister is not copping to it. Now I will have to walk around with unblended eyeshadow, but at least I will feel good while I’m doing it. I guess I will just be like Scarlett in Gone with the Wind (which was just on TV, by the way) and think about it tomorrow.   Yeah, yeah, just look at him, he looks so cute and innocent now doesn’t he?
Genenov

No comments:

Post a Comment