Thursday, December 10, 2015

Infinity Dreams Blogging Award

I was recently nominated for this lovely award by my friend and fellow blogger: Millie Thom.  Millie maintains a beautiful blog and writes about English history, her travels, English countryside and has a wonderful Word of the Week segment.  I would first like to thank Millie for thinking of me.  Secondly, I have spent some time approaching fellow bloggers about passing this award along but there has not been much enthusiasm for it.  I believe this is because it does take a great deal of work to handle these awards in the manner that is requested, and we are also entering the busy time of year (but isn’t it always busy :).  In that regard, I would like to pass this on to any of my readers/followers who would like to participate. Although it is a good deal of work, it also helps the blogging community see another and more personal side of the writers who keep blogs.  Or you can just pick a question and answer it in the comments section.  Please visit Millie’s site also, if you are unfamiliar with it at:  Millie Thom
These are the rules for this award:
* Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
* Tell us 11 facts about you
1. I love to read. I’ll probably be buried with a book in my hand. I write under a pen name from a combination of my two grandmothers’ names (I was so lucky to have them, and I write a great deal about them). L.T. stands for Lola Twillia Garvin.
2. I have a sweet tooth. I wish I didn’t have a sweet tooth.
3. I adore making jewelry, it is a nice creative outlet for me. I sell a little of it.
4. I wish I had concentrated more on developing and doing one thing really good instead of being Miss Multi-Tasker.
5. All my children have grown up and it’s kinda weird.
6. I have a lot of cats. I never thought I would have so many cats.
7. I would like to travel, but I don’t have anyone to take care of my cats :)
8. I would like to live on the coast (except during hurricane season).
9. I love nail salons….manicures, pedicures, a small time investment that makes someone feel really great (although I never actually take the time to do it).
10. I am married to a rock star….okay, but he should have been a rock star!
11. I love universities, I would like to work at a university to just take in the campus, library, and old buildings.
Millie’s Questions
  1. What is your favourite season /time of year and why?
    I love summer, I hate winter, I hate cold weather.
  2. Were your schooldays really ‘the happiest years of your life’?
    Yes they were. I enjoyed those carefree days, and they were also days when many of my family members were still alive.
  3. Does your personality/character suit your sign of the zodiac?
    Oh yes it does, I am Leo the Lion, and it all fits perfectly.
  4. Which is your preferred way of expressing yourself creatively? (Do you prefer the written word, photography, art, drama …or what?)
    Writing….that’s the one.
  5. Do you prefer to read an ebook (on tablet/Kindle) or the hard copy version?
    I love hard-copy books, but I can read the Kindle ones on my phone whenever I’m stranded somewhere and I don’t have to dust them or when I’m standing in line buying cookies or cat food :)
  1. What is your favourite genre in books and what do you particularly like about that genre?
    I have a penchant for southern literature. I guess it is reminiscent of home, habits and familiarity. Texas really isn’t considered the south, although that truly depends on the people you are talking to at the moment.
  2. Are you a thinker or a doer?
    I’m a doer, it drives the Rock Guy crazy!
  3. Which type of holiday/vacation do you prefer (e.g. the beach, the mountains, skiing, fishing – or any other sport – sight-seeing etc.).
Beach, beach and beach. Did I say I would like to be on the coast?
  1. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
    I’m a night owl, mornings are sheer misery for me. I have to get up at 5 o’clock in the morning because I am a substitute teacher and I frequently teach jr. high and high school and they start way too early!
  2. Coffee or tea for you – or neither?
    Tea is the one, I drink it daily.
  3. Another nice easy one to finish: do you have a favourite colour?
It kinda depends on what the purpose is whether it’s clothes, paint a room, etc. I guess overall my favorite color would be teal.
My Questions for nominees:
1. If you could spend a day with a famous person (living or deceased) who would it be?
2. What kind of music do you like?
3. Is there any place you would like to visit?
4. Do you have a favorite book?
5. Other than blogging, do you have a favorite past time?
6. What is you favorite movie?
7. Do you think sports are over emphasized and why so?
8. Do you have pets and if so, what kind?
9. Do you think current TV shows are as good as past ones? Do you have any favorites?
10. What inspires you to maintain a blog?
11. Which holiday season is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment