Saturday, February 6, 2016

Seeking the Bard

You come to me
slipped from a dream
and from that lofty platform
where all players have played their parts
beneath that opulent moon
the curse of the star-crossed
the sorrowful stars have scattered
I knew your song
you sang it well
transfixed, I stood there
on the ballroom floor
picking out my destiny
one heartbreak at a time
It was then that I was drawn
when hot hands touched
palm to palm
the holy palmer's kiss
the clock stopped
like a time travel pendulum
Look there now
I was never the sun
knowing full well
than to swear by the moon
that deceptive luminare
casting upon
a jewel in the night
tears falling down on the cheek of those
destined to part in sweet sorrow
love that was stronger
but burned less
than moderate mankind
could handle...
william-shakespeare-62936_1280

No comments:

Post a Comment