Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sick Day

In pursuit of that 8 – 5 wealth
Sometimes we must consider
our mental health
Staring at a computer screen
all day every day
Assaults the imagination
makes your hair turn gray
You might feel stress mounting
with that OCD girl in accounting
And like most places to work
my boss is a jerk
So redundant, I know
stapling papers in a row
Then there is
Last Minute Ralph
who runs at the mouth
And of course it's Dee
looking busier than a bee
My mind wanders the halls
as I take stupid phone calls
Skip over to the next day
there arrives a party cookie
I think its high time
for me to play hookey
I tidy up the insignificant things
I must do
Plan for my sick time
my MIA coup
Call in sick the next day
not a care in the way
Sneak out of the house for lunch
Like a gangsta to the punch
In my favorite fast food joint
I'm like a carefree boho
Then I turn around and
mutter....Uh-Oh
Imagine my surprise
when what did I see?
My boss waving in line
right behind me...

No comments:

Post a Comment